Bp. Cozzens offers Pontifical High Mass and Confirmation at St Mary's Basilica in Minneapolis

Here are a few photos from last nights beautiful Confirmation and Mass in our Archdiocese. Last night it was very encouraging to see so much effort put forward by so many for the traditional liturgy.

Confirmations in the Traditional Rite followed by a Pontifical High Mass at the Faldstool took place June 7th, 2017, at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis, MN celebrated by the Most Reverend Andrew Cozzens. The music, featuring Palestrina’s Missa Papae Marcelli, was provided by the Chorus Omnium Sanctorum. Confirmands from five area parishes participated and nearly 700 were in attendance.
more at FatherZ

Absolutely stunning photo.  Cdl. Burke was at one point scheduled to offer a pontifical at the basilica but it was cancelled at the last minute.  This is the first Bp. Cozzens Pontifical Mass I've heard of, not sure if it's actually his first.  I suspect so.  I lost the card of the Una Voce of St Paul & Minneapolis member I met at AOTM last month.... maybe St. Anthony can find that for me so I can follow up with him. I've heard the FSSP parish in Minneapolis is doing quite well.

No comments: