Eric Thames and Beer City a match made in heaven, well actually Korea

“I figured my days in MLB were over,” Thames says. “When the season ended, I thought, ‘OK, MLB teams don’t want me, let me go to Japan. Then, my agent (Adam Karon) called me and told me that Milwaukee was interested. I’m like, ‘On a major league contract?’ I think everybody in the world was surprised they were willing to give me that kind of money. I’m still shocked myself.

“I came to Milwaukee before I signed, checked it out, and after an hour I knew it was where I wanted to be. I love the Midwest. I love the hospitality of people. And Milwaukee has great beer.
“I love beer.”
full article at JS

Thames is matching Brewer records over the beginning of the year hitting six home runs in his last five games.

I won't be asking him about Zen anytime soon but the guy is the best story in baseball thus far and I can certainly appreciate a renaissance man who's journeyed the road less traveled.  We've got a little something to be excited about Brewer fans!


I would totally get a Thames jersey if his name was in Korean on the back.

No comments: